Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Walking the Theological Life by Timothy Gaines

★★★★★  The publisher provided a copy for review. 
With low expectations, I flipped to the first chapter and started to read. I was quickly engrossed in the stories and theology. Gaines' presentation of methods of exploring are simple yet profound. My husband is a theologian and teacher so the descriptions of joy and abandonment to learning about God felt familiar to his "I love learning about God and sharing that with friends."

"This is for every student starting Christian Thought 101 - and for every seminary graduate," was my gut reaction by the time I'd read a few chapters. 

I'm going to recommend it to coworkers and theology professors, to my fellow adventurers and Christ-followers, and to everyone who is curious about what draws Christians into a relationship with a personal God.

Each time I picked up this book, I read much longer than I had time for. I was pulled again and again into the wonder and mystery of God-who-wants-to-be-known. In a phrase: "Highly recommended reading."

No comments:

Post a Comment