Sunday, March 31, 2024

Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin

★★★★★  (Yes, it's that good.) 

I'm generally uninterested in American history but Goodwin has taken an exceptional look at 4 leader who shaped governance and business: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, and Lyndon Johnson. Those guys would be horrified by the politics of today.

Dividing the book into their early interest and entry into politics, their mid-career disappointments and discoveries, and their legacies, the author takes us through the parallels and divergences of these leaders. 

I highly recommend it - whether you just like stories you can learn from or are a history buff. Great lessons for business leaders, too. 

Oh, and when I finally look at the cover, I see it's won a Pulitzer prize. (No wonder. I learned a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment