Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Pop Painting: Inspiration and Techniques from the Pop Surrealism Art Phenomenon Kindle Edition by Camilla D'Errico

★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review.

Part pop gallery, part instruction book, this book brings a fresh view of a trend in accessible surrealism. After I read it and paged back and forth to view the techniques, I showed it to my friend, a painter and sketch-master. She flipped through and gobbled it up, as I had. Within minutes, her paintbox was open and she was trying some of the methods.

I recommend this for cartoonists, people who love to see the world in a new way, and beginning to advanced painters. You'll learn a lot, be amazed and amused, and probably think of using your paintbrushes in new ways. 


FUN, refreshing, and challenging. Worth a read - and a new coffee table book besides.

No comments:

Post a Comment