Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Restaurant Critic's Wife A Novel by Elizabeth LaBan

★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review.
This book caught my interest and was compelling in its picture of life with a career-focused husband and little kids. A career woman turns mom of toddlers - with all the mess and the joys of turning from management outside the home to inside. There were only a few places where my attention wandered.

The author got it right: how many memories this brought back. I went back to the time when my husband was building his career. I remembered why I loved being home and why I was frustrated with my kids. And it reminded me of how precious marriage and family are.

I caught my breath in amazement at the attention to detail. You'll laugh and you may cry - but the book will probably keep you reading to the last satisfying page.

No comments:

Post a Comment