Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Psychology of Christian Character Formation by Joanna Collicutt

★★★★★  The publisher has provided a copy for review.
Just in time! Soon I'm teaching a course on Spiritual Formation for Leaders. Of course I have most of my notes and classroom aids done. But in the spirit of continuing education, most professors keep looking for more information and better ways of thinking about the subject.

Therefore I was delighted to run across Joanna Collicutt's new book. The three sections flow together with theological, practical, and provisional insights. A pastor or spiritual leader can use the book to analyze character and spiritual strengths and weaknesses of themselves as well as those they serve.

The book is helpful because it is thoughtful and well-researched. I felt it was a pragmatic and theologically sound volume that I certain will recommend to my students. I heartily recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment