Friday, November 13, 2015

The St. Teresa of Avila Prayer Book by Vinita Hampton Wright

★★★★★ The publisher has provided a copy for review.
A prayer book hardly sounds like an exciting read, does it?

Yet this arrangement of historical prayers, devotions, and reflections comes at the right time for me. I'm teaching a graduate course this fall: The Spiritual Formation of Leaders.

I felt I got to know St. Teresa as a person as well as a spiritual director and supplicant. The well-organized presentation kept my attention. As a Protestant, I'll omit the prayers included to saints and Mary.

That said, this remarkable collection presents me with opportunity to spend my meditations with this remarkable woman and scriptures. Can't wait to see how God transforms my heart in the process. 

I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment