Thursday, July 5, 2018

English from Afar: How to learn English the less painful way by Bruce Peterson

★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review
I'm learning (not English, but) another world language. I couldn't wait to get my hands on a book that promises to teach a language in a ways that is "speedy, effective, communicative, and interesting" for the student.

This book presents a thoroughly modern view of current resources, including tutoring, internet programs, imitation, and practice. I found the concepts and progression - plus the sheer effort involved - in learning a new language to be accurate - and helpful in marking progress.

If you are aiming for fluency in presentations and business, this is a must-read. Though the vocabulary is advanced, the ideas for smooth communication and deep engagement are sound. I recommend it and will transfer some of the ideas to my own language learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment