Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sacred Signposts Words: Water, and Other Acts of Resistance by Benjamin J. Dueholm

★★★☐☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review.
I'm not sure what to think about this - I've passed it to a few friends who teach about social justice with a "you've got to read this." The out-of-the-box, Jesus in the world in new ways, thinking is not in itself radical. That's who Jesus was and is ... fully engaged in his community through us.

But some of the means of resistance? I'm not so sure about supporting morality that the Bible disagrees with.

Nah, I'm sure. Supporting amoral or non-biblical groups is not a good thing. But some of the beautiful examples made this a worthwhile read.

It's worth reading and will make for lively discussions in our classrooms. I recommend it for those who wonder what difference the Christian faith makes as we engage the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment