Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Sustainable Wardrobe by Sophie Benson


★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review. 

I learned to sew by watching my mother. Then I learned how to use patterns and fancy stitches in junior high. (The alternative class was woodworking, which didn't appeal to me.)

But I learned some tricks and tips from Benson on what kind of clothing to keep and discard. I skimmed through information on where and how fabric and clothing is made before plunging into ideas for reworking and updating my closet with simple DIYs. From sorting and repairing, from acquiring to maintaining, there's a lesson here for everyone.

You'll find out how to replace a button. How to tackle holes and tears. And you'll be surprised at how easy it is because of the many clear photos. Recommended for the beginning and intermediate sewer - or those teaching classes on sustainable fashion and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment