Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Age of Reinvention by Karine Tuil

The publisher has provided a copy for review.

This stream of storytelling left me gasping. The author is a master of description - raw life and the grit of souls consumed by self.

This twisted love story is perhaps most a tale of obsession, greed, and manipulation. I was breathless at the imagination of Karine Tuil in exploring the consequences of human choices and the deceptions that can lie under perfectly orchestrated surfaces of individuals, societies, religion, and government.

I don't know what I expected but the gripping, gritty, emotional barrage of words left me breathless. When the last chapter ended, I kept wondering about the characters: "What now?" and "How could they?"

If you like character mysteries, this book - full of surprises to the end - may be right up your alley. It's not recommended for the faint of heart or for those offended by foul language or amorality. I gave it 5 stars because I was blown away, not because it's a nice book.

No comments:

Post a Comment