Tuesday, February 23, 2016

No Baggage A Minimalist Tale of Love and Wandering by Clara Bensen

★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review.
Would you travel to Europe without a suitcase? And without a carry-on? Without a plan of where to stay and who to meet?

Clara and her boyfriend did - and most of the time I couldn't tell if I was in a very intriguing novel or an amazing travelogue. I let the mystery take me through a read on my Kindle (limited book info while you're reading). Then I looked up Clara = seriously, a real person? when I was done.

The choices people make and the limitations of "normal" choices are blown wide open in this account of stepping onto a plane for foreign lands and unknown adventures. If you like travel, if you're a reluctant explorer, or somewhere between, this book will surprise you on each page.

Part philosophy, part religious ambivalence, part risk-it-all to see what happens ... I kept thinking, "What a tale!" I'll read it again to make sure my imagination wasn't making this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment