Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Lavender House in Meuse by Gail Noble Sanderson

★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review.
Every once in a while, a book grips me with its descriptions of the setting, the people, the story, and the transformations in character and location .... 

Ok, so this was one of those books. I was sorry to see an end to the story of a privileged daughter, educated and cultured, whose world is turned upside-down by WWI. She volunteers as a nurse, experiences loss and hardship, and comes to grips with her own healing and restoration. 

I liked the way the book took me from place to place and time to time. i felt, smelled, saw, and tasted what the author wrote. I'll read it for a second time as a second visit to the lavender house, which for me is high praise indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment