Friday, June 16, 2023

Life in Five Senses by Gretchen Rubin


 ★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review. 

I wasn't sure what to expect. I get Rubin's blogs and updates but wasn't sure I'd enjoy plowing through a whole book about sensory life. Filled with quotes, studies, and personal experiences, Rubin explores what it's like to live fully and mindfully using the senses as our connection to people and the world around us.

I really like the the exercises, the value placed on awareness, whether with hearing or seeing, touching, tasting or smelling. She suggests ways to enhance daily life and the trajectory of relationships by being present through the senses. I liked her transparency with her own experiences. It was readable, interesting, and informative. 

Lots to explore and see where your own senses lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment