Tuesday, April 12, 2016

After 50 Years of Ministry 7 Things I'd Do Differently and 7 Things I'd Do the Same by Bob Russell

★★★★★  The publisher provided a copy for review.
What a great book. It's a look back at the best and worst career ministry has to offer. Russell gives a glimpse into the confidence and self-doubt that accompanies a successful pastoral career. Surprisingly readable, this is touching look at a life marked by a passion for God and care for people.

This text should be required reading for every seminarian or undergraduate who intends to pastor. An inspiring and thoughtful review of the best and worst of ministry.

I caught myself constantly evaluating where my own decision-making could be bolstered by this kind and gracious writer. His honesty moved me: pastors are people susceptible to the same gifts and flaws as others - and his transparency gives permission for us to transcend expectations of perfection to be real in ministry.

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment