Monday, April 4, 2016

My Last Continent by Midge Raymond

★★★★ ☐ The publisher has provided a copy for review.
Full of surprises. Full of information on environmental issues in the Antarctic. This compelling story held my attention through the final pages. Well-researched, I felt I could rely on the research and concentrate on the story, so I sat on the edge of my seat and bit my nails through much of it.

The book's excellent descriptions made me shiver with cold and squint my eyes against the harsh Antarctic light. I wanted to wear boots to keep my feet dry.

Best of all, the novel provided insights into the passion for places that drives the lives of researchers. All in all, well worth a second read for me! Recommended for those who like travel adventures, are interested in environmental issues, and those who just want a good novel on a cold night by the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment